points - Details)
Advanced Sports Nutrition, Third Edition, world-renowned sports nutritionist Dr. Dan Benardot combines the latest research, strategies, and sports nutrition information with his experience in academia and work with elite athletes to help you learn the following:
- The implications of relative energy deficiency in sport (RED-S) and within-day energy balance so you can maintain crucial energy balance throughout training and competition
- Optimal ratios and quantities of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals for achieving maximum power, strength, and performance
- How to avoid gastrointestinal distress during activity
- The most popular supplements and their effects on your athletic performance
- Strategies for balancing fluid and electrolytes to avoid dehydration and hyperhydration
- How to combat the effects of travel, such as jet lag, new foods, sleep disruption, and high altitude
- Weight-loss and body-composition issues so you can apply appropriate strategies to achieve the optimal strength-to-weight ratio for your sport
- Sport-specific guidelines for power sports, endurance sports, and those that require both power and endurance
To further assist you in distilling the science into practice, you’ll find 13 practical nutrition guides in the appendix. Curious about pregame nutrition, hydration, high-carb snacks, or macronutrient intake? These quick reference sheets help you easily apply the principles to your own nutrition plan.
Advanced Sports Nutrition, Third Edition, you get practical advice for how best to put nutrition science to work for you.
CE exam available! For certified professionals, a companion continuing education exam can be completed after reading this book. The
Advanced Sports Nutrition Online CE Exam may be purchased separately or as part of the
Advanced Sports Nutrition With CE Exam package that includes both the book and the exam.